With so many car sign products to choose from many people have a hard time deciding between the different types; especially between a car magnet or a rear window decal. Whether for business or personal use, custom magnetic signs and rear window decals are seen on many cars traveling the roads. Each is relatively inexpensive and can be customized to whatever the user needs. When evaluating the choice between the two most customers do not know where to start. Below are some facts and figures to help a customer make an educated decision.
- Positives—If properly stored, car magnets are reusable for a very long term adding to its affordability in terms of investment
- Negatives—Car magnets DO NOT stick to non-metal vehicles such as fiberglass and plastic. The magnet must be applied to a smooth, flat area, which can limit the size.
- Applications—If want temporary signage, car magnets are a perfect choice. If a business vehicle is also used for personal reasons the removability of magnetic signs is great. Many neighborhood associations do not allow advertisements on cars when at home.
Rear Window Decals
- Positives—Rear windshields are usually angled, because of that the decals can be easily seen by passing motorists. The perforated material on the one-way vision is see-through from inside the vehicle but the color and design can be seen from the outside.
- Negatives—Decals are applied and stick with adhesive. This makes the decal difficult toremove and be reused. Depending on the decal product chosen it can be much more expensive.
- Applications—To promote a businessa rear window decal is great for exposure. If you’re looking for something you can install just once and never have to adjust or remove it an adhesive decal can do no wrong. When deciding between any car sign (not just car magnets and rear window decals) make sure to consider the products installation process and whether it reusable. Obviously car magnets can be installed and removed quickly but there is a maintenance that could be tedious. Rear window decals do not require much maintenance but can only be installed once and are not removable.